Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Three Days of the Resurrection and New Babies With Old Sleepovers

 We got a wonderful Easter gift this past weekend when our youngest daughter delivered her baby during Holy Week.  It was a little surprise because she wasn't due until Holy Saturday but everything was good and wonderful.  Needless to say we had all be making plans for the upcoming birth, but were just a little caught off guard when she arrived three days early.  My daughter has two other children who spent their time while mom, dad and their new sister were in the hospital with my husband and me.  

While the girls have come over often to have what they call 'sleep-overs' which mean lots of activities including playing Barbies, Legos, dance party, video games and snacks, those visits are always one night occasions. But this time it wound up being three full nights at Grammy and Babba's house and by the end you could tell the excitement and fun was beginning to wear off on them. It's just not the same as being home in your own bed, your own toys and backyard to play in. I get it! I was always excited to go to my Grandma's to stay for a week but by the time the third or fourth night came around I was wanting to get home. 

Three days...hmm kind of funny how that matches the time Jesus spent from Good Friday to Easter Sunday. But like Easter, my granddaughters were looking forward to someone brand new, a brand new life to share joy with!

My daughter did have to share when I asked if the  girls were happy to get back home to a normal routine.  Yes, they were, she told me, and the four year old told her, "Mom, that was a really long sleepover!"

No comments:

Post a Comment