Monday, June 27, 2011

Honk If Parts Fall Off...

There is this bumper sticker on an old pick up truck I saw in speaks volumes!
Wouldn't it be nice if we helped each other more? Nicely and politely pointed out things we have missed, or lost?
   For instance, "hey I didn't see you in church this weekend? Is everything going okay with you?"
  "I saw on Facebook you and your girlfriend are living together? Have you thought about marriage?"

Okay, maybe this borders on the so called etiquette of the day that says you don't ask or tell and the "Oh my gosh, you didn't really say that did you?" law.

   But when did we stop helping each other with "fraternal correction?"  We have taken the scriptural phrase, "don't point out the splinter in your brother's eye when you have a plank in your own" a little too far.

  In our effort to not offend, and to embrace all sinners, we have totally fallen off the brother's keeper boat.
We are responsible for our brothers AND sisters, AND friends.  That's why we live in families and groups and communities!!!

  Oops, hey, your muffler fell off!!!

Monday, June 20, 2011

When A Man Loves A Woman Sequel...

When a man truly loves a woman, there is a bond, both on an emotional and chemical level created between them that cannot be separated or undone, not by separation, not by death, not even by selfishness. It exists. And unless sexual union only takes place in a marriage, that bond is never formed completely. It is desiccated, weakened, rendered unusable. 

The family unit was created with one purpose: to protect all its members, the children, the mother and the father. When men procreate outside of marriage, they destroy their father duties. They deny not only the child of a father and being born in a protected, safe, stable environment, but they destroy the woman who bears the child and bears all the responsibility for this child, unprotected, unsecure, AND they destroy a piece of themselves too. Men need to be responsible, they need to protect and take care of. The family unit is uniquely designed for this.

Women's rights should be about protecting women and children; not just about equality in the workplace. Women's rights, men's rights and children's rights should be of the utmost importance in our society. We can strengthen our families by protecting them.

You Need To Know...

Here are important updates on what is going on in the Political World. YOU are a voting member of our society! If YOU don't get out and vote and let people know what you stand for, you are NOT helping form our laws or promote morals and values. Be informed. It's not about politics people! It's about doing the right thing, having a say, telling God HE is the important one in this world. Not us!

"Pushing Back the Darkness in New York: Archbishop Dolan Defends True Marriage"

Five GOP Candidates Sign the Pro-Life Pledge

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Polls Are Funny..not hahaha funny...

You just have to take survey polls with a grain of salt, don't you? I mean look at this poll, done by Gallup:

Results for Gallup's 2011 Values and Beliefs poll were based on telephone interviews conducted May 5-8 this year, with a random sample of 1,018 adults, aged 18 and older, living in all U.S. states

(Read more:

It would lead you to believe that all of our Christian faith beliefs are falling to the bottom of the stack. That people 18 and up are deciding that living a faithfilled, moral, value-based life is just not for them any more. It's old fashioned.

Polls are misleading. Polls have misdirected people for years, they don't predict outcomes very well. It all depends on who you talk to.

So next time you read:  Recent poll shows that 82% of people think they are going to die!  You might wonder what the other 18% think. That they can live forever? Everyone dies, dude!  And polls and surveys don't ask EVERYONE or even a good sampling of people.

With that said, remember - pre-marital sex is wrong, so is abortion. Leaving you faith just because it's easier than getting married outside of the  Catholic church is wrong too. Getting divorced is not the easy answer out of a marriage you don't like. If you gamble you should be careful with your money, don't drink so much as to get drunk, and respect everyone unborn to the elderly.

God's laws were put here to guide us, because without direction, we are going nowhere!