Monday, April 22, 2024

Just Sayin' Again

 I just walked outside and admonished a bunch of second graders.  It really wasn't my place, I am not their teacher, I just work in the parish office but I observe them every day at recess.  They just received their First Holy Communion and they should be full of all kinds of holy right?

Well, at least in my way of thinking I thought they should so when I watched them playing four square during recess and slamming the ball at each other that looked rather unfair, I felt the need to speak up.  Why aren't we treating each other nicer?  Why is it that just a week after receiving your First Holy Communion you are treating your fellow classmate unfairly?  I know it's a game of competition but does it have to be so cutthroat, at age seven?

So I said something in a kind admonishing way, but I spoke up. I was just saying we could be a little kinder in our play, couldn't we?  

So what if it wasn't my business or I was not the teacher in charge on the playground. It is called being kind to our fellow humans. 

I think our society could use someone reminding us to be kinder to each other as well.  Just sayin'.



No comments:

Post a Comment