Friday, May 3, 2024

Holy Spirit to the Rescue!

 I have always been able to figure out how to answer my kids' questions when they were little. If I didn't know or if it was something they didn't need to know yet, I had ways of explaining that satisfied their curiosity without damaging anything.  But the other day I was stumped.

My four year old granddaughter was talking about the martial arts class we teach which she is participates in. She is too young but it's a family affair, my husband and I have been teaching it for over 40 years and our kids also help teach and so of course our grand kids are there too.  So the 4 year listens to everything even when you don't think she is listening. How kids are able to do that I don't know but mine are very good at hearing things and we have to really watch what we talk about. 

But the other day the four year old was talking with me and the subject of bad guys came up because we had been practicing kid safety drills in the class. She told me she would just take care of a bad guy by punching them.  "Good deal and then what?" I asked because we always tell the kids that they get away as fast as they can and not stand and fight.  She replied, "I'll eat them!"

"What?  We don't eat people!"

"Then I'll drink his blood."

Oh dear what kind of vampire movie did she accidentally overhear? "Honey, we don't eat people or drink their blood. That is not right."   But then she hit me with the stumper.

"But we eat Jesus' body and drink his blood."

"Oh, well, um...yes that is true...but that is different."  Okay Holy Spirit help me out here.

"But Jesus was a good man, right?"

"Oh yes, yes, Jesus was a very good man. And he gave us his Body and Blood to eat, but that's different.. He loves us so much...."

"Okay, Hey Grammy look what I can do, I can make this ball roll under your desk...

Sigh...thanks Holy Spirit!



No comments:

Post a Comment