Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Ms. B Adventures: my new series of books

 So I have been writing a new short story series called the Ms. B Adventures about a school secretary who sees everything in her life at a small private grade school as an adventure!  I spent ten years as a grade school secretary in a similar setting as "Ms. B" so many of her adventures I actually lived through.  It's fun to write a little fiction with true sprinkled in it when you write.  First of all I see life as an adventure so writing stories that go with my experiences isn't so hard.  You can do that too! Think back on different vacations you've gone on when something weird happened, or you got lost.  There is always a story to be created from such memories!

In my Ms B series, she'll also go on family adventures and do such things as white water raft, zip line, entertain and serve lunch to a sheriff and his prisoner.  I did live these adventures!

Sometimes we get so caught up with our lives and doing things that we don't always look at our life like an adventure!  Even growing older and becoming a grandma has been an adventure!  My grandkids help me see the world in a totally different way which makes for lots of stories!  Such as my 3 year old daughter dancing off to take her bath after watching Disney's Robin Hood cartoon, "Let's get clean for Jesus, Robin Hood and Little John!"  Or her looking at the label on a bottle of fabric glue at the fabric store and seeing a picture of a little old lady with gray hair up in a bun and readers perched on her nose declared, "Grammy! Look that's you!"

So look at your life with a little more humor or drama and see how work could be a barrel of laughs at times or a wrong turn on the highway found a new apple stand.

Go ahead, I dare you! Then write about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment