Friday, August 27, 2021

More Mysteries!

 I've been an avid follower of the Mrs. Hudson series of Sherlock Holmes books by British author Martin Davies. He writes a really convincing take on how it's Mrs. Hudson, the 'landlady' though she is the housekeeper in this series, not the landlady of Sherlock Holmes' residence is the solver of all mysteries that arrive on Holmes doorstep.

She is this strong, capable, really smart middle aged woman who can sniff out a mystery faster than Sherlock can say, "My dear Watson!"

She and her kitchen helper, Flotsam or Flottie, she only came with the one name. Apparently in 1800 England that happened with orphans a lot. Flottie is in her teens but she is one wonderful sidekick to Mrs. Hudson.  

There are four books in the Mrs. Hudson series, Mrs. Hudson and the Spirit's Curse, Mrs. Hudson and the Malabar Rose, Mrs. Hudson and the Lazarus Testament and Mrs. Hudson and the Samarkand Conspiracy.  I've been emailing Mr. Davies and he is presently working on the 5th Mrs. Hudson book and I cannot wait to read it!

I am presently working on a new fiction series about a school secretary and her adventures.  If you know me you know that may sound familiar since I was a school secretary for ten years at our parish school, so many of the adventures are based on my personal experiences!  You would not believe what you get into being a school secretary from looking for glass eyeballs, field trips to farms, one hundred piggies and counting, not to mention getting to ride up a firetruck ladder (and climbing all the way down the ladder when it got stuck in the up position!) going to see the Columbus Nina ship on the Mississippi and so much more.  Why, there were enough adventures to fill some books, so I am writing them!  It's fun reliving those years before we  had cell phones, internet and  school nurses.  I've started a blog on the books here called:  The Adventures of Mrs. B.

Let me know if you like what you read!  I hope to begin publishing soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment