Thursday, March 14, 2024

String Theory

 



My husband has always been fascinated by my yarn works. "It is amazing how you can take a ball of yarn and out pops a hat, blanket or scarf!"  Makes me feel like a nuclear scientist or something!

There is something calming about the sound of the click-click of knitting needles. Both my husband and my son-in-law comment on how it puts them to sleep.   This is why moms always had knitting nearby when putting the kids to bed!

I've recently taken up watching videos of "Train Ride from the Cab" in winter in Switzerland on YouTube while I knit.  The clackety-clack of the train wheels totally blends with the clickety-click of my knitting needles!  Who would think watching videos of traveling in the cab of a train would be so fascinating? Well, I do.  It is my calm sitting down in my rocker picking up my knitting after getting off work, doing fifteen minutes on my treadmill, calling my ninety-one year old mother to check in on her and before I get up to make supper activity I try to do several times a week.  It is healthier than smoking, drinking or shopping!   And I am learning how to knit hats as well as a small version of the teddy bears I knit. The regular version is about 15 inches high. The small one is five or six inches. Last night I found some furry yarn in my small stash and began making a small bear with it.  It is a pain to see the stitches on the needles, but it is really turning out cute! If I can finish it I think it will be a very special bear and I am going to look for more furry yarn on sale after I finished work and going by mom's house.  I am hoping the predicted storms don't show up until later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment