Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Trust

I don’t know how to be a Christian without joy or hope.  I know of too many friends and families experiencing so much sadness or health problems.  There are couples wanting to have children who only experience miscarriages, couples who have children with disabilities or constant health problems. Then I have my own worries and problems as well.

As we age, we experience life changing events that scar us, make us wary to get up in the morning.  It is hard.

And it is especially hard to be happy some days, to put one foot in front of the other. Some days I don’t even want to get out of bed!

Sometimes I look in bad places for help, like alcohol, overeating, or drugs to help think less about my problems.  Deep down I know these don’t really take away the sadness or anxiety. It comes back full force once the effect has worn off.

But, I have found that increasing my trust in God seems to grow the seed of joy inside my soul.  It some how gives me the strength to get up and face the world again.  The more I give over to God, the more I am able to deal with life.

Now, I’m not jumping up and down for joy most days, but I have truly found a peacefulness in dealing with constant problems and worries.  It’s like a warm fire I know I can go back to any time I get cold.  God is the reason for that fire.  I know it is His peace that helps my heart sigh and know He is in charge. Even if I don’t like where things are going in my life because I cannot control them, I know He has my back. 

That control thing is hard to give up. But I discovered a prayer that helps me do it.

Dear God,

Please put me where you need me to be this day. You know I worry about my family and that I should always be there to help and that is impossible. So put me where I can help the most this day. I trust in you.

 

Trust

such a small word for such a HUGE action.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment