Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Pause, Pray. Just Sayin'

 So I've had my Pause and Pray sign on the back windshield of my car for several weeks now.  So you are aware, I haven't sported any kind of bumper sticker or glass decal for years, not since my kids got those Honor Roll bumper stickers years and years ago. And even then I couldn't bring myself to actually attach them to my car. I stuck them in the window or on my fridge. Why? I don't know, I really dislike bumper stickers. After so long of a time they get all dirty and sticky looking and while I am far from being a neat nick type personality, I have to keep my car clean and tidy. Just saying.

And that is how we come to this portion of my article, the 'just sayin' portion.  I was driving the other day to church and my husband was riding with me. I saw someone in front of me perform a somewhat risky maneuver while driving and because I've been working on my language when I am driving (did you know there's a thing called driving Tourettes? Me either, but apparently I have it.) I blurted out, "Hey, you need to Pause and Pray...you know... just saying."

That's when it hit me. I have been worrying all along at having some message on the back of my car that someone might be offended by. I know, I worry about really dumb things. There are lots of worse things on people's cars that offend me all the time. But that's besides the point.  Anyway, I've been concerned that people will think I am preachy or holier than thou by displaying my Pause and Pray sign.  So I told my husband, maybe I should add to my message, 'just sayin' so it sounds more like a kind suggestion instead of a command.  You know, for instance I'm not telling you what do to, but maybe in your best interest you should stop, take a moment, breath and think about how you are driving and how it is affecting the whole rest of the planet!!!   That won't fit on a bumper stick so Pause, Pray Just Sayin' works better, I think.  We'll see how it goes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment