Tuesday, December 11, 2018

I Am TRYING to Keep Giving Thanks...

   My goodness this year has been trying my attitude of gratitude. Just when you think you are heading down the stretch of the end of year, Christmas fun, blah blah blah...something out of left field hits you square in the nose. 
  That hit came last week when we were given a letter from the new property manager of our martial arts business who is making changes in all the rental properties they own and are doubling our rent beginning in January.   Talk about making your stomach hurt.  We have two more weeks to figure out how we are going to 1. come up with double the rent when our profits don't come close to that amount  2. look for a different lower rent place to move to...during the Christmas week  3. ask our present clients if they can fork over more moola beginning in January.
  It's enough to make you feel like Bob Crachitt. 
  But my family is trying hard to work the problem and not let it get us down. The kids are making phone calls and touring properties as are the hubs and me.  Trying to make a game plan for something we hadn't planned on having to do this year is making a dent in my Christmas idea crafting.  But davoo dorris, welcome Christmas come this way... as the Whos in Whoville say.   I'm not going to let a little rent increase ruin my  Christmas!! Or at least gonna try to not let it.  Big sigh...and try to remember what Christmas is all about Charlie Brown!

No comments:

Post a Comment