Thursday, April 19, 2018

Patience and the Passionate Person

   I always thought I was a patient person. Okay, stop laughing...no really I really do think I am patient. But perhaps I think I am patient compared to, well, myself, not other people who apparently are having to be patient with me.
  Let me explain.  I know I am a passionate person. I get excited, happy, laugh loudly. I love getting excited for other people's ideas, fun, joy and accomplishments. Want someone to be happy about your new job, child, life event or your new craft, I am the person you come to!  I love being excited for you and asking all those questions about how fun it is and how marvelous it makes you feel.
  But, to every high there must be a low. Or as my dear hubs puts it, "To every positive there exists a negative."  That whole yin/yang thing.  And apparently since I can be very happy for you, I can also get very sad.  I see a squirrel who has met its end on the highway and I'll burst into tears.  My kids tell me they are having a bad time and I struggle to find ways to help them be happy again.  Some one tears around me in traffic and my mouth sounds like I just came off a pirate ship movie.
   So you see there is a down side to being emotional and not always patient.
   But I am learning that despite being very embarrassed that I get really angry at other drivers when they don't drive the way I think they should, I can use it as a learning moment.  Oh and let me tell you I have a lot of learning moments. In fact as I look back at this blog, those learning moments have been continuing since 2011!  Apparently there is no end to learning moments. You never 'get to the end' of learning moments.  You learn about one, and a whole handful more come your way.
  But sometimes I call it the 'wack a mole' syndrome, where you are doing really well in one area (the mole raises his head out of the hole) only to have your goodness whacked by the devil who tempts you into messing up in another area. (why did I poke my head up to see how good I was doing?!)
  So while my passionate side gets all excited about doing better in one area, whack! I flip off my mouth unkindly at something I never cared about before.
  I do believe somehow I can be both a passionate person and be patient. Passionately patient? Or patiently passionate? 
  I'll keep you informed!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment