Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Giving Thanks

I know what season it is, Easter. And what better way to spend the Easter Season than by saying thank you. I was inspired by an article in Readers Digest this month on writing thank you notes. So I am embarking on a journey to write...thank you after thank you. Instead of getting upset at the world and the anger, hate and violence that is happening, I am going to concentrate on being thankful and in thanking others. So even though postage has gone up to $0.50 for each letter you mail, I think it will be a good sacrifice to make to remember we should tell others we are grateful for what they do.

I am also inspired by the routine Jimmy Fallon does on the Tonight Show where he writes thank you notes.  Not all of them are G rated mind you, but the idea is what struck me. Why don't we still write thank you notes? We should! So with that said:

"Thank you Jimmy Fallon, for reminding us to say “Thank you!”


“Thank you, waterfalls, or as I like to call you, fish roller coasters.”

‘Thank you quilts, for being blankets made of other tiny blankets.’

‘Thank you zebras, for being the perfect referees for a game of horse.’

‘Thank you word o’clock, for letting me know that time is Irish.’

‘Thank you website button that says, “forgot my password’ for basically being my password.’

‘Thank you gummy worms for being excellent bait if I want to catch Swedish Fish.’

‘Thank you cliffhangers, for…’

No comments:

Post a Comment