Thursday, May 26, 2016

Balloons of Joy!


   Working at a church sponsored event this past weekend, I livened things up by purchasing some helium filled happy face balloons.  Personally, I hate mylar balloons and here is why: when they enter my home, they follow me. And I don't imagine this, it's a standing joke in our family. No matter where the balloons are put, down in the basement, back in a bedroom; they come out, sneaking with quiet stealth and appear behind me!
  It's is QUITE DISTURBING!!
  But, against my better judgment I bought them anyway and although they were fastened to weights and sat on top of a wall several feet behind me, they kept finding a way to bump themselves into my head.  After complaining about them, one of the parishioners told me, "Well, you know how smoke follows beauty, right?" I nodded. "Well, smiley balloons follow joy!"
  I smiled....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment