Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Week 5: Joy - Is it really all that hard?

   I just finished reading a post on the internet about what makes people happy, like generally happy people, not all the time life-is-always-wonderful-type, but those who just try on a daily basis to be happy.
  Then I made the mistake of reading the comments beneath the article. You are right, I should know better, the only people who make comments on internet articles are negative people. These people certainly did not get anything out of the happy article. They booed it, dissed, it and were generally very negative.  Why?
   What is wrong with our society that we cannot think we are to be happy, joyful people? Why all the negative?
  I don't go around with a constant smile on my face; ask my family, my co-workers, the people in the car next to me at the light.  But gosh, I still think of myself as a generally happy person. I teach martial arts to kids and women because I want them to be safe. I know there are bad people in this world.  But we have to keep trying to be happy don't we? We have to keep trying to be joyful right? Or else, what else is there?  God created this beautiful world, universe, stars and most of all, gave us a reason to hope. Hope that there is something beyond this life once we've lived out our body. Hope that there is an eternal life, always joyous that we can look forward to especially when this life is getting us down.
  I say, "boo!" to all the negative naysayers!  Boo to you who squash people who are trying to be joyful. Boo, boo, boo.   and Shame on you!  Shame for your negative thinking and put-downs. Shame on trying to bring so called "reality" to light. The reality is God is in charge and gave us joy and hope and shame on you for not listening to Him who is stronger than anything in the world including negative thinking.
  Now! Go be HAPPY!!!