Monday, May 12, 2014

Back To Work

   It is good to be back writing more again. I've missed this! As things settle down with our church renovation and I'm not taking pictures, keeping up with changes and moving, etc. I'll have more time to download or upload as the case may be all the events that happened along the way.  We began a huge renovation of our Cathedral on January 6, 2014 and since then we experienced blizzards, floods and lightning strikes that made it an adventure!
  Now some of the renovating has moved into our office space which is making life even more interesting as we tiptoe over freshly laid tile and clean the perpetual dust that seems to follow us everywhere.
  While the heavy ice storms, snow and frigid temps didn't keep us from working while Church was being worked on the lightning did cause some disruption in the office since for the second time in 15 months we've had a major lightning strike that wiped out phone systems, computers, our church organ electronics and internet. As the technology person for our parish offices life has had me hopping trying to coordinate repairs and insurance claims!  Can you say "vacation time?"
  It's all been a huge lesson in patience for me, something I need to work on anyway and with God's  wonderful sense of humor the timing has been, well, timely I guess. 
  So as we continue on our faith journey, I have a lot to catch you up on! Thank you for your patience and waiting for me!  I've missed you!

This is a serendipity shot; our new mural behind the altar reflected in the entrance glass of the church. This won't last because the wall behind the glass is temporary so you won't be able to see this reflection when it comes down.

No comments:

Post a Comment