Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Encouraging Words June 10, 2013


Thoughts on today:  saw a momma and daddy robin coaxing baby bird out from the bushes to fly. How hard they have to work to convince baby that it’s okay, it’s what they have to do to grow up. Much like human parents showing their kids the world, how to drive, how to make a living.  How hard it is for parents to do their part. After all that work, you’re sad they have flown away, yet you know it’s your job to do!

 
Last week was full of a lot of anxiety in our household, job anxiety. Once again God showed us He was in charge. Yet He never tips His hand to show us what is next. “Trust.” He just keeps saying, “Trust.”

I never realized how very hard it is to trust the Lord in matters so important like raising kids, getting/keeping a job or where the next one is leading you, and just living your life.

Even in my 50’s now it’s still hard for me to just “trust” and not think I have to physically (mentally, emotionally, etc) move my own mountains or figure things out.

As I write, my hubs is having to trust the Lord in a job interview that should have been his five years ago. Why does the Lord make us wait so long for things we work so hard on sometimes? Why does it seem like everyone else gets the breaks, the miracles, the prayers answered?

I’m reminded of that saying, “Ours is not to question why, ours is just to do and die.” I know it’s from a war movie or general or something, but it seems like life is like that and God asks that of us. Don’t question it, just do it and I’ll come through.”

 So, okay Lord. Whatever you say.

Oh, and that quote is from the poem, “Charge of the Light Brigade” by Alfred, Lord Tennyson.

No comments:

Post a Comment