Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Dear God...



Dearest God,
I know I drive people crazy by obsessively worrying about them. I know I have to leave them alone to make their own decisions. I know I have to stop using my fears to manipulate them into doing things they don’t want to do. There I’ve said it. Now I just need to act on it. That’s where you come in God. Please help me to detach with love from the ones I love, and leave them in your protective care. You know what’s best for them so much more than I do. So I pray that your will be done, not mine. Help me to love them in a way that will be supportive without stifling, encouraging without overpowering and concerned but not controlling. Lord I pray you’ll lead them in your ways and keep them safely under your wing.  Allia Zobel Nolan

No comments:

Post a Comment