Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Civility Week 23 June 3, 2012

“Sin speaks to the sinner in the depths of his hearts. There is no fear of God before his eyes. He so flatters himself in his mind that he knows not his guilt. In his mouth are mischief and deceit. All wisdom is gone. He plots the defeat of goodness as he lies on his bed. He has set his foot on evil ways; he clings to what is evil.

Psalm 36

    Wow, I totally had to change my topic this week. Of course it’s always on civility, but I just read one of my fave bloggers get reamed out by a reader because she wrote about  how she found another family to adopt her family’s puppy because having a pet just wasn’t working out for them.
   She found another loving home for the puppy.
   And she wrote about it.
    For this she was blasted by a reader who, in my estimation was not being very civil.
    So, now we aren’t allowed to say what we want on our own blogs?
   I don’t think so!
   Makes me kind of want to get up and scream, “Just what country do you think we are living in?” But then I remember how as Christians we are getting lambasted for not wanting to pay for abortions too.
     Anyone sick of this malarkey? You know our founding fathers were, enough to go to war.
   This is what happens when you don’t study history well enough in school or it gets “changed” so no one is a bad guy any more.
   Evil flourishes when the  good do nothing.
   Civility – to a point, then ya gotta stand up for something! 

No comments:

Post a Comment