Friday, March 16, 2012

Are You Catholic? Part II


1.  I am the Lord your God; you shall not have strange gods before me.
Do I honestly have faith in God and place Him at the center of my life?

2. You shall not take the name of Lord your God in vain.
Do I choose not to take the Lord’s name in vain and not use offensive language?

3. Keep holy the Lord’s Day.
 Do I attend church on the weekend, spend time in positive activities, take rest and not obsess or work extra hours?

4. Honor your mother and father.
 Do I speak of and to my parents with respect, spend time with them and offer them help?

5. You shall not kill.
Do I keep this commandment and also not allow one’s self and children to watch murder related television shows or play violent video games that promote to “kill” images on the screen?”

6. You shall not commit adultery.
 Do I stay faithful to my spouse in body and mind? Do I tell jokes or demean my spouse, make fun of him or her?

7. You shall not steal.
Do I refrain from choosing to steal or from cheating in all aspects of my life? Do I give a good example of faithful giving, sharing the talents and gifts God has given me?

8. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
Do I gossip about other people? Do I pass along untruths or talk down about somebody?

9. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife.
Do you dress modestly? Do I only look to my spouse for love and affection and model that behavior for my children when they begin dating and looking for a spouse?Married couples show total commitment to each other and marriage is a sacrament meant for life.

10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s goods.
Am I grateful for what I have, my house, car, clothes or do I always act jealous of others and their treasures, gifts and talents? Look for something to be grateful for, thank God for what you have and have an “attitude of gratitude!”




No comments:

Post a Comment