Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Welcome Home!

  Sitting in the airport last night waiting on my son who was coming back from visiting his sister in California, I got to enjoy watching "homings" again. Homings are what happens when family and friends are waiting for loved ones to cross from the 'restricted gate' area of the airport into the commons area.  It reminds me of what we have waiting for us when we reach the end of life here on earth and are greeted by our Heavenly Father in heaven, big open arms, a huge smile and a "welcome home!" on His lips!
  This week we've buried four parish members and since I cantor at most of the funerals I've been there to 'sing them to heaven.'   And though those times are extremely sad, I'm always reminded that we are all headed toward our final home someday and I'm so very grateful for the faith God has graced me with.  Without it I could not face singing at funerals or let my children go off on airplanes half way across the country.  Faith gives me trust, hope and 'homings' to look forward to. 
  During this time of Lent, our joy may be little more subdued, but it should still be there with us because we have God's welcome waiting for us some day as believers!  Welcome home, good and faithful servant!

No comments:

Post a Comment