Monday, January 12, 2015

Joy! Week 10, 11, 12...

What happens when you let your Joy lose in a crowd? 
  I learned the hard way yesterday while teaching my Confirmation class.  I had practiced, prayed and petitioned the Holy Spirit to give me the words I needed to help my 23 teenagers feel the presence of Jesus as we talked about the Gifts of the Holy Spirit.  I think I went a little overboard as I found myself wiping tears of excitement away from my eyes as talked excitedly to the class. I think they were even a little stunned as they sat and listened to me wave my arms about, talk about my Holy Spirit experience and encourage them.  In fact, I said later to the Holy Spirit, "you may have had me go a little overboard singing your praises! I might have scared some of those kids."  That's good, the Holy Spirit replied, "some of them need some scaring!"  In any case, the Holy Spirit was right there in the room, I just had to shut up and let Him do the talking!

Joy catches us in many ways, but so many times we get in our own way of letting Joy come out.  If we would just "let go and let God",  pray ourselves hot and let it go, we could help so many more people.

Many of the saints were so good at letting the Holy Spirit talk through them they could not remember what they said.  They truly were just being the mouthpiece for the Spirit to flow through them.   The Holy Spirit is so very good at helping us express our Joy.  We just have to remember to ask for His help. "Knock and the door shall be opened unto you!"  And receive His Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment