Friday, July 6, 2012

Filling The Bucket!

Yes, yes, I said FILLING the bucket, not kicking it! I ran across a children's book today while surfing the web, called, "Have You Filled A Bucket Today?" it's a book written in 2006 by Carol McCloud. I'm a little behind because all of my kids are way beyond the age range of 5-9 on this book, but better late than never.
This cute book helps small children understand manners, helping others and unselfishness. It tells them that doing good deeds and helping others adds to their bucket of happiness each day. Selfish acts will take away from other's buckets.
I compare it to God's grace. There are days when we add to the bucket of grace God gives each of us and days when we selfishly take away grace.
So is you have small kids, here's a cute and helpful book to help them learn grace, good manners and brotherly love!

No comments:

Post a Comment