Friday, July 27, 2012

Civility Week 30, July 23, 2012

   Oh ho! Made it back just in time for my 30th week entry for Civility! My fam and I were out west visiting our married daughter. It was the first time in 26 years I’ve flown in a commercial airplane, rented a car, drove in a huge city and especially the first time for having one of my kids be so far away!    Lessons in civility this week included:

   Being patient in traffic: it took us two hours to drive 30 miles through winding slow residential areas no less because there was a small town car rally going on and our route took us directly through the downtown district of that car rally!
   Being patient in big city traffic where stop lights only allow two cars per cycle!
   Standing in line for a look at tourist attractions including shops where the chocolate they sell is worth standing in line for!
  
   Walking through crowd after crowd downtown, down the street, because that’s what a tourist does!

   Airports: need I say more?
   Airport security: nothing can be said, although honestly despite all the bad things I’ve heard in the media about airport security, if you follow the rules it’s pretty much an easy deal, even when you get pulled over because your camera battery sets off the x-ray machine!!! Yep, my bad!

   All in all, it was a good week and we had an awesome  time!  When you go with patience and understanding that it’s just going to be a place with lots of people and cars, it’s so much easier to keep your civility! 

   Whoa, could I actually be learning some civility? Well, it’s not time to celebrate yet…we still have 22 weeks to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment