Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Civility Week 29, July 16, 2012

Fezzik:  “I fight gangs for local charities and stuff.”  The movie:   “Princess Bride”

I can’t tell you how many times my hubs and family have laughed at this line in the movie, “The Princess Bride” not because it was so funny, but because one time we were discussing quotes from the movie, my family is a big movie quoting family, and I came up with this line and stumped them all!

I stumped them because I always thought Fezzik was saying he fought gangs of local cherry thieves. Cherry thieves? Yes, yes, to my ears it sounded like he said cherry thieves, not charities. Now honestly, didn’t cherry thieves make sense? Here was this huge hulk of a guy in town,  lots of orchards have trouble with people making off with their produce, hence, cherry thieves. Why wouldn’t they hire Fezzik to watch out for those fruit pie filling nabbers?

At any rate, don’t you hate when you find out you are wrong about something and someone calls you on the carpet or corrects you in a not so nice way in front of lots of people?

Me too. 

My civility work is short and sweet this week! Be careful how you correct someone when they make an honest mistake! We are our brother’s keepers and all, but as the sayings go, “you catch more flies with honey.” Or “the more arguments you win, the less friends you will have.

One more word of wisdom, “Love many, trust few and always paddle your own canoe!”

Snort!

No comments:

Post a Comment