Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Civility Week 26 June 25, 2012

Remaining calm when all hell is breaking loose would be a sign of civility. Lisa


I am still working on that, remaining calm when all hell is breaking loose thing. Today has not been a calm day, nor has this week been calm…not like hell breaking loose or anything. But there’s just been a lot packed into my day that I think I’m loosing my mind and my civility.



What can we do when we are loosing all sense of calm and civility? Try this, take a breath…stop whatever you are doing…back away…or if you are stuck in your car…relax your foot on the accelerator so you are not speeding or put on the brake if you are at a light and breathe in and out.



Look at the world around you.  Lower your shoulders…smile.

Laugh at the puppy in the yard…at the kid on the swings…at your office neighbor walking by your office.



Remind yourself that whatever you are working on will not cause someone to die or bring them back to life. So relax…



Tell someone a funny story, a joke, about the beautiful rainbow you saw the other day.



This is practicing for civility and peace…



Calm…



Breathe…



Peace…

No comments:

Post a Comment