Monday, May 23, 2011

Moving Away From Home

Yesterday, Cait and I moved her sister, Laura, to Columbia for her summer internship. (Sad Face)  It was a long day and halfway through our drive, which was through tons of traffic through STL, argh....sitting in the middle of a six lane highway singing a Banjo version of Steve Martin's "Atheists Don't Have No Songs!" Cait and I were getting a little tired and slap happy.

 She was driving and I was texting my husband where we were city-wise so he would know when we would be home. My wonderful husband and children had given me an I-phone for Mother's Day but I am still having some trouble typing on that tiny little keyboard. So in a jostling car on the highway I was letting him know we had just passed through the town of Festus.

Only, my I-phone didn't understand the name of the town so it likes to correct my spelling all the time. When I hit "send" I suddenly noticed that it had corrected the town's name from Festus, to "death".

Now, why in the world it thought Festus was supposed to be death, I don't know. But I quickly called my hubby to let him know that though the traffic had been really bad, we had NOT passed through Death!!!

He was much relieved. So were we.  You really have to be careful you are sending the correct messages in life. Especially to family members...

No comments:

Post a Comment